In honor of World Mental Health Day, let’s embark on a journey of self-care and mental well-being. Nurturing Mental Wellness through the Holistic Approach of Ayurveda Remedies for Mental, Physical, and Emotional Turmoil, shedding light on the therapeutic benefits of Manopushpi Plus Churna. Discover how ancient wisdom can pave the way to a healthier mind.
The World Health Organization (WHO) conceptualizes mental health as a “state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community”.
The theme for World Mental Health Day 2023, “Mental health is a universal human right,” provides an opportunity for individuals and communities to come together to deal with mental health issues.
The overall objective of World Mental Health Day is to raise awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilize efforts in support of mental health
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that has been used for centuries to promote physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. It is based on the belief that the mind, body, and spirit are interconnected and that balance is essential for optimal health.
Mental health can be divided in 3 major components
- cognitive health
- emotional health
- behavioural health
In today’s world people are facing mental health challenges because of some of the following reasons:
- homelessness and unemployment.
- alcohol and other drug use.
- discrimination and racial injustice.
- family conflict or family disorganization.
- stressful life events childhood abuse, trauma, or neglect.
- social isolation or loneliness.
- social disadvantage, poverty, or debt.
- bereavement (losing someone close to you)
- severe or long-term stress.
- having a long-term physical health condition.
In Ayurveda, Mental Health depends on 3 main Doshas
Vata, Pitta, Kapha & also 3 main components- Sattvik, Rajasik & Tamasik
Any imbalance in these components causes manasik Vikar/Mental disorders.
Satvik: A person who is satvik is at the goodness stage, superior, and attains glory. He is always calm and peaceful.
Rajsik: Rajsik is desire-ridden, passionate, and stressed.
Tamsik: A tamsik person does not work. He has no interest in life.
When there is dominance of rajsik and tamasik guna in the body it causes manasik doshas or vikar /Mental disorders like depression, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, dementia, post-traumatic stress disorder.
Ayurveda recognizes the connection between the mind and body and the impact that mental health has on physical health. Negative emotions, stress, and anxiety can lead to physical health problems, while positive emotions and a calm mind can promote well-being.
Ayurveda offers a variety of practices and therapies that can help in Nurturing Mental Wellness
- Diet: A healthy Ayurvedic diet is one that is balanced and nourishing. It includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, as well as moderate amounts of protein and healthy fats. Avoid processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive caffeine and alcohol.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is essential for both physical and mental health. Ayurveda recommends gentle exercises such as yoga, walking, and swimming.
- Meditation: Meditation is a powerful practice that can help to calm the mind and reduce stress. There are many different types of meditation, so find one that works for you and stick with it.
- Yoga: Yoga is a mind-body practice that combines physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation. It has been shown to be effective in reducing stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Herbal Remedies: Ayurveda has a wide range of herbal remedies that can be used to promote mental wellness. Some popular herbs include ashwagandha, brahmi, and shankhpushpi.
- Also, some Ayurvedic treatments like Abhyanga (self-massage), Nasya (oil or herb application in the nostrils), or Shirodhara (pouring heated medicated oil on the forehead), and a full Panchakarma treatment can help to relieve mental illnesses.
Herbs and Supplements for Nurturing Mental Wellness And Health
Manopushpi Plus Churna is an Ayurvedic formulation by a leading herbal and Ayurvedic medicine manufacturer in India. It helps to attain mental calmness, mental peace, and mental energy.
Used in Mental disorders like Depression, Insomnia, Anxiety, Memory Loss, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder(ADHD), Concentration, Improves cognitive functions, etc.
The main ingredients of Manopushpi Plus Churna are Brahmi(Bacopa Monnier), Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus Pluricaulis), Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra).
Brahmi in Manopushpi Plus Churna has properties like anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, antioxidant, cardiotonic, and bronchodilator. In Ayurvedic medicine, Brahmi is used for memory improvement, insomnia, epilepsy, and as an anxiolytic
Vacha has calming effects on the brain, which helps to treat tension and insomnia. It acts as a cool therapeutic herb that relaxes the nerves thereby inducing sleep.
Jatamansi acts as a brain tonic and helps to improve memory and brain functions by preventing cell damage due to its antioxidant properties. It also calms down the brain and manages anxiety as well as insomnia and is also used to treat epilepsy, hysteria, syncope, convulsions, and mental weakness.
The main components in Manopushpi Plus churna acts as a brain tonic and helps to improve memory and brain functions by preventing cell damage due to its antioxidant property. It also calms down the brain and manages anxiety as well as insomnia.
These are some of the adaptogenic herbs in the Manopushpi Plus churna. Adaptogens are herbs that increase stamina and help the body to adapt to stress rather than react so that a healthy supportive balance of endocrine hormones can be restored.
This World Mental Health Day, take a step toward nurturing mental wellness and well-being with Ayurveda and the natural goodness of Manopushpi Plus Churna, which is made by leading Ayurveda and herbal medicine manufacturers in India. Your mental health matters and Ayurveda offers time-tested solutions to support a balanced mind. Let’s make mental wellness a priority on this journey to a healthier, happier you.
This blog topic aligns with the global focus on mental health and offers a holistic perspective by incorporating Ayurvedic wisdom and the specific Ayurvedic medicine, Manopushpi Plus Churna. It addresses the increasing awareness of mental health issues and the desire for natural, holistic solutions.
If you are struggling with mental health challenges, it is important to seek professional help. Ayurveda can be a complementary therapy to help you manage your symptoms and improve your overall well-being.
Today, many people are facing mental illness and disorders because of stressful lives, disturbed sleep, anxiety, bad eating habits, no exercise.
Which in turn causes mental depression, insomnia, lethargy, anxiety, productivity in daily work, and mood swings.
All this can be treated by consulting Ayurvedic practitioners or mental health experts who will help you with ayurvedic remedies like Manopushpi Plus Churna, ayurvedic treatments like Nasya, Shirodhara, etc. what lifestyle changes you have to do, the balanced diet which you have to follow, Doing Pranayam, Yoga.